Anything Cool (In My Opinion)

Monday, October 23, 2006

How To Save A Life


I've come across The Fray when I was browsing around in youtube. Someone made a music video of their song, I Look After You, based on scenes from Prison Break. The song was great, and the comments on the youtube site was interesting enough, so I decided to check out their other songs.

And I wasn't disappointed. I have to admit, that I'm a sucker when it comes to these pop-rock emo songs. Over My Head (Cable Car) was very catchy and Isaac Slade's voice was full of emotion yet powerful.

The album name was taken from their second single, How To Save A Life, which was famous due to its use as the promo song for Grey's Anatomy third season.

They've been put in the same bracket with the likes of Coldplay, although I think it's just the case of lazy journalism. They're both soft-rock pop band with melodic sounds, but that's about it. Their approach to their songs was different, and if anything, The Fray sounds more raw at times. They're still trying to make their way in the industry while Coldplay already established themselves.

Nevertheless, it's pretty much a decent album which was well recommended to fans of the genre.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home